Estate disputes can arise in a number of circumstances.
- disagreements between parties about the administration of the estate;
- disputes about the person’s mental capacity when making the will;
- disputes about the true meaning and interpretation of the will;
- disputes about whether the will maker was unduly influenced in the making of the will; and
- claims by parties who have been left out of the will or who claim that they have not received adequate provision.
- In cases where a will does not make adequate provision for certain categories of people in particular spouses and
- children, parties are able to apply to the Court for a greater share of the estate in a Family Provision Claim. In the
- case of other disputes, application can be made to the Court to determine the dispute.
Other Areas of Practice
Local legal professionals who care
As a small team of dedicated professionals we aim to provide a friendly, family atmosphere with a reputation for timely, personalised service.
Contact us to arrange an appointment with an experienced solicitor or conveyancer.
Family Law | Probate Law | Wills | Property Conveyancing | Divorce Lawyers | Deceased Estates | Solicitors
Servicing The Mornington Peninsula, Inverloch & South Gippsland inc. Wonthaggi, Leongatha, Korumburra, Loch, Mornington, Mount Eliza, Mount Martha, Hastings, Rosebud, Portsea, Rye, Sorrento, Blairgowrie, Phillip Island, Cowes & Newhaven.